Although most businesses use the podcasting format much in the same way as they would a talk radio show, you are not limited to that format. Here are some unusual ideas that you could use to promote your business using podcasting technology.
- Have you written a book? Podcast excerpts from your book. Think of it as a virtual “author reading.”
- Are you a news junking in your industry? Provide a summary of relevant news for your audience.
- Got lots of tips? Why not a “tip of the day” podcast?
- Are you a foodie? You could produce a food and wine review podcast.
- Are you in the travel niche? Why not guided tours of unique attractions via podcast?
- Like to meet new folks? You could produce an interview podcast.
- Like to answer questions? Why not solicit questions from your audience and answer them via podcast?
- Do you attend industry conventions and events? Create a “man on the street” podcast of mini-interviews with fellow attendees.
- Do you do book reviews? Why not do it via podcast and include reading a passage of the book? Do you do article marketing? Create audio versions of your articles, as well!
These are just some ideas you can use to create your signature podcast. Depending on your niche, you might be able to come up with a whole lot more!