Dr. Mike Woo Ming was one of the speakers at Market Your Way to Wealth this year and the focal point of his presentation was that to win new business, you need to focus on solutions.
For example, did you know that 64% of small businesses in the U.S. with more than 100 employees do not have their own website? If you could either provide that service, or help connect web service professionals with small business owners, do you think you could grow a business?
Take a good hard look at your target market, that group of individuals you were meant to serve. What are their challenges? Develop solutions for those challenges and you will grow your business.
This approach can vastly improve your marketing. Don’t try to sell the features of your product or service. Don’t just list all the benefits your client will gain from their purchase. Focus on the solution those benefits bring.
For example, let’s say you sell an educational teleseminar series. The features include:
- 3 hours of audio in three mp3 files
- PDF transcript
- Covers the top 5 ways to win new clients
O.K. That’s fine. But what benefits does someone get from purchasing this series?
- Portability … you can put these audio on your iPod and learn where ever you happen to be
- Multiple formats for convenience and deeper learning
- Provides actionable techniques you can use to win new business without overwhelming you with too much information
Now what’s the solution you are really offering with this series?
- Never suffer a slow down in your business again! With these 5 ways to win new clients, you’ll always have all the clients you can handle!
See the difference?
Although you may need to include the benefits and features in your sales material, you’ll always want to lead with the solution.