It’s amazing how much your sense of self-worth affects every aspect of your life. When you don’t value yourself, you manifest all sorts of ugliness in your life. For example:
- You allow less than stellar people into your life. People who are not nice to you and don’t love you as you are. These people are a mirror of your less than stellar self-worth.
- You eat un-healthfully. You eat more of the kinds of food that make you feel bad, and less of the kinds of foods that make you feel good. You use food to punish yourself for being not good enough.
- You don’t groom yourself well. You dress shabbily and don’t take good care of your clothes. You subtly or not too subtly show the world that you are not good enough.
Day 2 Exercise
How do you start turning around low self-value? You start recognizing the value you bring to this world. At first, they may be small ways, but as you start to recognize how valuable you are, you will start to see the big ways, as well.
Today is the second day of the annual Celebrate You! 31-Day Challenge. For today’s exercise, I suggest you do two things:
- Continue your “I Am Awesome Because … ” list started in yesterday’s exercise. Then re-read what you added to the list yesterday. Journal about why those things have value and make you an asset to this world.
- Catch yourself being Awesome at least once today … and celebrate it. Celebrate it with gusto. Yes, this will feel silly at first, but it is important to get the feeling of truly celebrating and owning your Awesome. Trust me on this … after 31 days of celebration, you’ll be a different, happier person.
Want Brownie Points? Post something from your list of Awesome in the Facebook Group And be sure to use the #CelebrateYou hashtag.